Frustration

Riley had her second monthly check up this morning. Ro and I decided that we will not be vaccinating her, or any of our future children. I really do not want a pro/con war so I will nip it there for now and discuss our reasons at another time. When the doctor heard that she will not be immunized, he came in to talk to us, and outright said that we have to find another practitioner. Usually, I would respond intelligently,  but I sort of knew it was coming and decided to leave it at that. He sad excuse was that we would be putting other patients at risk. I then thought to myself, If these patients of yours, are supposedly vaccinated, then shouldn’t they be protected against such diseases? Either way, I’m over that! My frustration kicked in, when I called around the Westchester area and could not find a single doctor who would take a non-vaccinated baby. Riley is not sick so she really does not need to see a doctor, but it’d be nice to have one pediatrician as a go-to practitioner. I guess this is another wave we must surf through… sigh!
My sweet pea is growing so fast. As an exclusively breastfed baby, she is already 13 lbs 3 oz and only 11.5 wks!! She was 24.5 inches long today. Gosh I feel like she’s leaving for college already…I know it will be in little time wahhh!!! AAww how I miss when she was just a newborn [cries].  The time flew by so fast, yet it seems like ages ago… if that even makes any sense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up