"honey, I can't buy my shoes"

"honey, I can't buy my shoes"
"why not?"
"because we have to save the money for a crib"
"are you pregnant?"
"yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!"



I will never forget the day I found out I was pregnant. It was a Saturday, and Ro dropped me off in the morning- during the car ride, all I could talk about was the cutest booties I had been eying for weeks. Ro told me to get them after work and I was just so excited! My biggest worry that day? I really hope Bakers has my size! My period was 6 days late, but I still didn't worry. While at work, one of my co-workers called in to chat and mentioned to me that she was also late and was thinking about taking a pregnancy test. She talked me into taking one with her, so I ran out to get one. I wasn't worried at first, but got extremely anxious during my waiting period (which was very short). The results flashed almost instantaneously. Pregnant, it read. I took a deep breath, just could not hold it in until the end of the work day, and called Rohan. Telling him was scary, but he was vary calm and that sparked my excitement. I was so happy! I just kept hearing in my head, over and over again, a little person, calling me "mama". My heart cried a little. It was the most incredible feeling yet. I couldn't wait to be our little munchkin's mama!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up