Baby's First Holloween Re-Post 11.1.11

Halloween 2010 was Riley's first Halloween, but last year she was much too young to be dressed up and taken out. This year, my baby doll was an adorable Tinkerbell! I found this costume on Amazon.com
My sister-in-law's mother had a Halloween party of the kids the Saturday before the holiday and I decided to take Riley. I ordered this costume Wednesday of that week and paid 2-day shipping, only to receive the bloody costume Friday afternoon with NO WINGS! What is a fairy costume without wings. I contacted the seller but did not hear back in time, so consequently, I planned on returning the costume and just getting something from Party City. Let me just tell you how insane it was inside the store. You had to stand in line to look at the available costumes and choose, then stand in another line to get your costume, then another massive line to checkout!.I was livid! So I just decided to purchase some small angel wings and make that work. It was a bit awkward because the original Tinkerbell wings for this costume is velcro, but the angel wings I got had elastic bands that go around the arms. My munchkin looked darling! 
I was a chick from the 80's :) I found everything in my closet except the shirt, so I thought, hey 80's it is!



2 comments:

The Cheese Thief said...

So adorable. Your costume rocks also.

Riley's Mom said...

Thanks! My "leg warmers" are actually a pair of socks my mom got me for christmas when I was in college. LOL. I just cut the bottoms out.

Post a Comment


up