JulesReveals: locked up

This was a poem written by an overprotected girl dying to get out. It was also published when I was 16. Growing up, my mother was not as open-minded as she is today. She was inconsiderably overbearing. Forget hanging out with friends, we were lucky if we were allowed to go to the grocery store without her. This made it incredibly difficult for me to have any friends...let alone a boyfriend; I didn't have the normal teen experiences...
Locked Up

Why do I feel like a prisoner?
Did I commit a murder?
Am I ever gonna get out?
Did I break a law?
One that i don't know off?
If so what was it about?

Did I commit a robbery?
Are they sure it was me?
Did they know who were arresting?
Are they sure I'm the right person?

Was there a trial?
Was I at this trial?
Was there a jury?
Why did they all convict me?

How long am I going to serve?
Is this really what I deserve?
To be punished?
For a crime that was never accomplished?

For real though! What did I do all along?
And why don't I remember this wrong?
Why can't they forget and forgive?
and just let me live?

Why do they keep me locked up?
Why can't they just let me walk up the block?
WHEN ARE THEY GONNA LET ME OUT?
WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up