JulesReveals: my beautiful Jewel...

I just wrote this poem a few nights ago, as I was watching my daughter sleep. This is the first poem I've written in a very, long time. My thoughts haven't been dormant, I just lost the will to jot them down. I guess you can say she's given me back my drive. I love you,
my beautiful Jewel...

what is it about you that makes me love you so much?
could it be your adorable cheeks?
your tiny feet?
or even the sound of your cry?

maybe it's your soft skin?
your smooth chin?
or your big, engaging eyes?

I think it's your whimsical senses?
your demand for attention?
or your calm sigh?

could be your bazaar hair?
your enchanting stare?
or you chunky thighs?

it's got to be your magnetizing laugh?
your love for your stuffed giraffe?
or your odd name, Rye?

how about your addicting smile,
your birthmark shaped like a reptile,
and that you are the perfect combination of he and I.


0 comments:

Post a Comment


up