day two of LOVEeasy

Menu du Jour:

1. Chlorophyll shot
2. Pear Juice
3. Veggie Vibrance
4. Cucumber Basil Soup
5. Creamy Dandelion
6.Green Mylk
* Alkaline water - with meals [my new best friend]

This morning I woke up pretty hungry around 11am. I downed a 32-oz bottle of Alkaline water first. Then I had my chlorophyll shot and 16-oz pear juice. That held me over until 5pm [the water helped a lot!]. I had The veggie vibe for lunch with about half a bottle of Alkaline water.

For dinner [around 8:30pm], I tried the cucumber basil soup for the first time. I don't want to say that I didn't like it because there was something there that I really liked. It has, coconut water, coconut meat, cucumber, avocado, basil, garlic, and Himalayan salt. The cucumber and basil immediately jump out screaming at you, duh!. I generally like those two ingredients, so I kept drinking. The coconut water was the next flavor I noticed. Organic Avenue uses Thai coconuts; the taste is significantly different from our coconuts in Ghana [which I love]. The Thai coconut water is too sweet for my liking. Although, it has plentiful benefits such as, 'carrying nutrients and oxygen to cells, raising your metabolism, promoting weight loss, boosting your immune system, detoxifying and fight viruses, cleansing your digestive tract, controlling diabetes, aiding your body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes, and AIDS, and even balances your PH and reduces risk of cancer' [LINK Organic Avenue]. I attempted to finish the soup, but just couldn't do it. I got through to about half the bottle which is 8 oz.
The creamy dandelion wasn't as creamy as supposed. It contains, kale, dandelion, pine nuts, garlic, daikon, miso (soy bean paste, sweet rice), sesame oil, jalapeno, cilantro, dill, hemp seed, raisins, parsley, lemon, ginger, Himalayan Salt, and pepper. It was very flavorful; I loved it! Just not that creamy! Just like day one, I wasn't hungry enough to drink the green mylk, like the coconut mylk.

I like this cleanse very much. I have done some pill cleanses in the past and although they did clean out my system, they were not effective because while I was cleansing, I HAD to eat! Can't survive on just pills everyday. I was polluting my system with the crap I was cleansing to eliminate. I've also attempted the 10-day master cleanse TWICE and was impossible to get past day one! I had hunger pains, my mood swings were out of control, and I just couldn't handle it. This cleanse, however, has substance; it has variety, and most importantly, tastes great! I'm satisfied and make no sacrifices.

Sure, I get hungry. I'm getting cravings for things I don't even eat regularly [thanks to all the food commercials on T.V.]. All I do, is look at Jewel, and I'm reminded of why I started this cleanse. She was my ultimate inspiration. She reaps the benefits through my breast milk, therefore, a healthy life for me, means an even healthier life for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up