my new year's resolution for 2011


I came up with my resolution just a couple of days ago. I know it's after the new year, but I figure as long as it's within the first month, you're good :). I've decided to cut out as much processed foods as I possibly can from my diet. A lot people wonder why they get so sick so often, not realizing that it's because we fill our bodies with artificial crap that were never meant to be there.

Most factory-produced foods have synthetic additives that do more harm than gunshots! It's not like we don't know there chemicals such as sodium nitrate, saccharin, olestra, etc. in the things we eat. We know all this because it says it right on the box. All these chemicals and food dyes are especially dangerous because everyone is led to believe that they're safe. They weaken our immune systems overtime and slowly deteriorate our organs. This makes us more susceptible to all sorts of diseases, hence the necessity for yearly flu shots and periodical vaccinations [which reminds me, I just found out that they have now combined the H1N1 with the regular flu shot into one injection, so now you must get the H1N1- which is a whole other topic, but just thought you guys would like to know]. Boy, I can go on for pages about nutrition, but let's get back to the topic at hand.

So, to kick off my organic diet, I will first be cleansing my system. For the next five days,
I will be on an a raw food and all-plant-based juice cleanse from Organic Avenue . This cleanse is called the LOVEeasy.
Organic Avenue is an NYC-based organic food and juice company that started in 2000. They produce a Live, Organic, Vegan, Experience- their famous L.O.V.E* signature. They currently have 3 stores in NYC and deliver to the tristate area. See their website for delivery zones and charges.

Their juices are cold-pressed and somewhat of an acquired taste. I know I had to get used to it. Their cleanses and products are also quite pricey, but the benefits far surpass the price you pay in value. I have grown to LOVE their juices! Even the one ones that I could barely smell, when I was first introduced to. They also have transition  plans for those who may not have the stomach to dive into their intense cleanses.

I will let you guys know how it goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up